The Chair will have the ability to build a collaborative work group to complement research activities with projects from industry, specifically as they relate to the application of business analytics and artificial intelligence. We encourage a multidisciplinary research environment, in which educating qualified students and collaboration with industry and regional/national organizations play important roles. The candidate should, thus, be able to develop and lead a high-performance academic research team, while developing and maintaining close partnerships with industry.
1) PhD in Business from an AACSB or similar accredited institution with an emphasis in business analytics and artificial intelligence or closely related field.
2) Demonstrated eligibility to hold a tenured full professor position at the University of Rhode Island.
3) Proven track record of publication(s) in top tier IS journals.
4) Proven track record of garnering grants from organizations, such as NIH, NSF, DOD, DOC, Gates Foundation and MacArthur Foundation.
5) Demonstrated evidence of quality teaching experience.
6) Demonstrated ability to effectively teach courses in the applied use of business analytics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning for business.
7) Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
8) Demonstrated experience in building/nurturing relationships with the business community and industry on business analytics and artificial intelligence topics.
9) Demonstrated ability to lead in the development of new curricula.
1) Demonstrated industry experience related to business intelligence and artificial intelligence.
2) Demonstrated teaching experiences in areas such as: Programming (e.g., R, Python), Data Visualization, NoSQL Database Management, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence in a business context, Blockchain technologies, IS in Business.)The search will remain open until the position is filled.
The University of Rhode Island is an AA/EEOD employer. Women, persons of color, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other protected groups members are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please link to: https://jobs.uri.edu/postings/7127