6th International Conference on Management and Organization
INTEGRATING ORGANIZATIONAL RESEARCH: INDIVIDUAL, TEAM,
ORGANIZATIONAL, AND MULTILEVEL PERSPECTIVES,
Bled, Slovenia, June 11-12, 2020
We are pleased to invite you to the 6th International Conference on Management and Organization: INTEGRATING ORGANIZATIONAL RESEARCH: INDIVIDUAL, TEAM, ORGANIZATIONAL, AND MULTILEVEL PERSPECTIVES, organized by The Slovenian Academy of Management, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb and School of Economics and Business, University of Ljubljana. The conference will be held in Hotel Astoria, Bled, Slovenia, on June 11-12, 2020.
The purpose and scope of this conference is to identify, discuss, and grapple with single- and cross-level theory, research and method issues in order to make substantive progress in our understanding of the multilevel nature of organizations.
We strive to provide much-needed synthesis of underlying theories and methodological approaches within the loosely coupled community of organizational scholars by taking account of the fact that micro phenomena are embedded in macro contexts, and macro phenomena often emerge through the interaction and dynamics of lower-level elements. Such an approach may add depth and richness to our theoretical reasoning and likewise improve conversations between researchers and practitioners by providing insightful details concerning how organizations operate and behave.
We are proud to have some highly distinguished world-leading scholars as our plenary and keynote speakers, who will present their most recent contributions:
· Arnold B. Bakker, Erasmus University Rotterdam
· James M. LeBreton, Penn State University
· Oliver Baumann, University of Southern Denmark
· Kim van Oorschot, BI Norwegian Business School
· Kristina Potočnik, University of Edinburgh Business School
We hope to encourage discussion around the multilevel issues in organization and management through the following track themes and related (non-exclusive) list of topics:
Track A: Strategy and organization design (track chair: Ana Aleksić Mirić)
Track B: Business process management and project organizing (track chair: Amy van Looy)
Track C: HRM and organizational behavior (track chair: Sabina Bogilović)
Track D: Cross-level issues in organization and management (track chair: Matej Černe)
Papers and discussions will not be restricted to aforementioned topics; manuscripts connecting different track themes are also invited. Papers from organization science, management, organizational and work psychology, sociology of work and organizations, computer science, information systems, and other fields are welcome since the conference promotes an interdisciplinary approach. Theoretical and empirical papers employing qualitative or quantitative methods, as well as work-in-progress, PhD research and practical cases are all welcome.
We encourage authors to submit extended abstracts (not exceeding 500 words; excluding title, authors' information and references).
Please note the following key deadlines:
· Formal announcement of the conference and call for papers: September 2019
· Submission of extended abstracts: February 15, 2020
· Decision on extended abstracts (with feedback and reviewers' comments): March 31, 2020
· Registration: April – May 2020
· Conference: 11–12 June, 2020
· Distinguished (plenary and keynote) speakers
· High-quality reviews
· Meet the Editors' session
· Best paper award
· Academic meet-up session
· Conference gala dinner
For more information about the conference, please visit SAM 2020 conference internet site.
· Aleša Saša Sitar, University of Ljubljana, School of Economics and Business (Organizing committee chair), firstname.lastname@example.org
· Tomislav Hernaus, University of Zagreb, Faculty of Economics and Business (Program committee chair), email@example.com
We are looking forward to welcoming you in June 2020 for the SAM conference in beautiful Bled, Slovenia!
Aleša Saša Sitar, PhD
Assistant Professor, Academic Unit for Management and Organization
School of Economics and Business, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
+386 1 5892 774, firstname.lastname@example.org