Dear OMT members,
Thank you very much for all your help in creating the OMT program for the Vancouver meetings. This year over 900 of you from 52 different countries volunteered to review papers and symposia across a wide range of topics. I really appreciate all effort each of you devoted to providing high-quality and timely comments. This is what sustains our scholarly community.
This year the program will feature 240 papers and 78 symposia on topics that include Robots and Automation, Social Class, the Materiality of Ignorance, Rethinking Capitalism, Intra-Platform Competition, Quantitative Institutional Theory Testing, Misconduct in Organizations, Novelty Evaluation, Narratives of Sustainability in Finance, Reviving Individual Persons in Network Reality, and many other topics.
We also have the following Showcase Symposia this year:
- Alternative Institutionalism: Theory, Methods, and Topics.
- How do different concepts of time further our understanding of managing and organizing innovations?
- Entrepreneurial Pivoting: New Perspectives and Paths Forward.
- Organizing the Future of Food: The Grand Challenge of Coordination.
- Substance and externalities of network broker behavior.
- Politics, Political Ideology and Organizations.
- Organizing for the Climate Emergency: Organizational Underpinnings of Climate Action.
- The Changing Nature of Data: Sociality, Relationality, and Implications for Organizing.
- OMT Distinguished Scholar Breakfast (Mon 8:00 - 9:30 am). Words of wisdom from Ann Langley.
- OMT Business Meeting (Mon 6:30 - 7:30 pm) Come and find out what the OMT division is up to.
- Meet EGOS@OMT (Fri 6:30 - 8:30 pm) and OMT Social Hour (Mon 7:30 – 9:30 pm). Come to meet longtime and newer OMTers and connect with our friends from EGOS.
- OMT Events (varying times – stay tuned to our electronic channels for details). We will again host a wide variety of off-program events self-organized by OMT members in non-official venues. These events are designed to encourage people to get together in informal settings around common interests (academic or non-academic).
Please be sure to join us, and continue to make “OMT, the Place to Be!”
Warm regards and keep safe,
OMT Program Chair.